Applications are invited from African nationals for scholarships in the fields of Astronomy, Astrophysics, Space and Planetary Science, Planetary Geology and Remote Sensing. PAPSSN scholarships are jointly administered by five (5) African partner institutions, where selected students and staff will be able to engage in postgraduate studies, research, teaching or training. The 1ST PAPSSN Call offers 7 PhD (6 full degree-seeking and one 12 months credit
seeking), 6 Masters (6 months credit-seeking visit) and 5 Staff short-term visit scholarships.
The PAPSSN scholarship includes a return air ticket and visa costs, participation costs such as tuition fees, registration and service fees, Insurance (health, accident, travel), settling-in allowance, monthly subsistence allowance and a contribution towards the research costs associated with student mobility of 10 months or longer.
The PAPSSN consortium is committed to offering 50% of its scholarships to women and candidates from disadvantaged or marginalized groups.
- Botswana International University of Science and Technology, Botswana
- Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- Copperbelt University, Zambia
- University of Nigeria Nsukka, Nigeria
- University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa Università di Bologna, Italy
- South African Radio Astronomy Organization (SARAO) – Ass. Partner
- Ethiopian Space Science and Technology Institute (ESSTI) – Ass. Partner
- National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) – Ass. Partner
- National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) – Ass. Partner
*Previous and current recipients of intra-ACP or Intra Africa scholarships are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
THIS CALL IS OPEN TO ALL AFRICAN NATIONALS AND/OR RESIDENTS, REGISTERED OR HAVING OBTAINED A DEGREE IN ONE OF THE PAPSSN MEMBER INSTITUTIONS (TARGET GROUP 1)